NEW Stereo Chassis LD! Why mess with success?
The same: Output transformers: Used in some extreme high end amplifiers, these are wound 'perfect lay' using paper and cores from Japan. 'Perfect lay' winding allows for tighter packing of layers and less inter-winding capacitance so that a larger core can be used without sacrificing high frequencies. The larger core is desirable to prevent saturation of signal at high power levels and during transients. Bass plays deeper but at full rated power. The power transformer comes with all the voltage taps necessary for the advanced DIYer to build: 2.5V/5V/7.5V - 3a power tube filament taps, 400/300/ B+ supply 5V/4a taps for rectifier, 6.3V and 10V - 1a for the driver tube heater supply. Driver tube comes with mounting hardware for 4/6/8/9 pins tubes. In addition, DIYHFS new filament supplies are highly recommended and mountable on the side panels for maximum heatsink. Driver tubes can be 6SL7, 6SN7, WE310A and related types, 6H30, 6C45pi, 417 etc. 30W wirewound adjustable cathode resistor for the power tube is standard as is the choke for power supply. Copper ground plane standard. So... the sky's the limit here. The LD Signature+ allows many possibilities to explore popular SET configurations such as WE91, MU, SRPP etc.
The different, all NEW film Power supply. In fact it is possible to construct this amplifier without a single electrolytic polluting the signal stream. Does it make a difference? Absolutely. More transparency, speed, more detail, soundstage, more... everything! Stereo chassis, but dual mono implementation. Something gained, nothing lost.
* Power output, 300B: 7-9W x 2 RMS @ 1KHZ Class A depending on circuit
* Frequency response: 12Hz to 47KHz (-3 dB@5W) (20hz to 20k -0.5dB)
* THD: <1% (5W@1KHz)
* Signal to noise: 90dB or better
* Input sensitivity and impedance: 1.5V, 100K (310A driver is .5V)
* Output impedance: 4, 8, 16 ohm
* Power: 110/120/220/230/240V AC +- 10%, 50Wx2
* Dimension (mm): 440(L) x 330(W) x 75/210(H) (not including/including transformer)
* Weight: 26Kg
* Shipping Weight: 30Kg per chassis
* Standard Tubes (priced separately): 300Bx2, 6N9PJ(6SL7)x2, 5Z3PAx2 or 274b, 310A, 300B
* NEW: Power transformer is low output impedance EI type, custom made with imported cores
* Output transformer is larger imported core and 'perfect lay' windings
* Speaker outputs: 0/4/8/16 ohm (can be special ordered with 0/8/16/22 ohm Silk OPT)
* Non-magnetic chassis
Beautiful TJ tubes for your amplifier: